CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Flooey!

That title sounds much more fun than it was.
On Tuesday afternoon, Lou came down with the "stomach flu," now days called norovirus. That diagnosis is based on symptoms and the suggestion of a friend, who had it in July. He was fine when I left the house for town at 1:30 pm, online in his sem class, but at 3 PM he called to say he did not feel good at all. When I got home at 6 PM he looked like death warmed over, having "visited" the bathroom a few times already. We were told that it would play out in 30 hours if he just rested, and having no energy for anything but that, he is doing much better this morning.

Since norovirus is contagious for up to 3 days after one feels better, he is keeping his distance until Sunday morning. We cancelled Bible study last night, and although I am not feeling anything (yet?), I opted out of watching the MOPS kids this morning since I am in the infant room with lots of physical contact, I would not want to be responsible for passing this on to a bunch of them. Tonight is the Farm Bureau banquet/meeting; Lou will not go and I am not sure what I should do. If I am not sick, I should be fine to go. I am concerned about staying with Nicholas and Eli while Ben and Kelli go, though, for the same reason I skipped MOPS. So today is up in the air.

And it's raining, or trying to. So sort of a glum day all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment