I understand now why most folks fail at their New Years resolutions. January is just not a good time to try something new and ambitious. It is either very cold outside or the skies are dreary and drippy and the ground muddy, and it comes right after the high energy time of Christmas. Maybe it's just us introverted types, but all I want to do in January is curl up, keep warm, and try to get over whatever illness has befallen the household or try to keep from catching one. This year (so far) I am OK but Lou has had a nasty chest & head cold with lots of painful coughing since we got home from the beach trip over New Years. Which I promise to post some photos of very soon.
January is also the month of 1099s and W-2's, which I hate hate hate to do and postpone as long as possible every year. I did go get the forms last week, and with Lou gone all week this week I might see if I can finish them all up. It's something I only do once each year and I have to remember every time what needs to be done, on what sort of paper, and pray the computer and printer feel like talking to each other the day I finally line it all up and hit the print button... so it's stressful from a couple different angles.
Being treasurer at church means sending out financial statements to everyone who donated last year too (done!)
Following up on my 100 Things post from December -- I knew I would not accomplish throwing out a full 100 things in the month of January unless I get to count each old dishtowel and holey pair of socks that are no longer in my drawers, but I have sorted out a few things. Again, 100 in 31 days is more than three things each day, which sounds doable on some days but not really sustainable every day. With Lou gone this week (at a seminary symposium in Ft. Wayne with uncle George) maybe I will make a run at finding 5-10 things to toss. Starting with the Christmas tree that only made it out the door and now sits in the front yard awaiting a ride to the the burn pile!
Don't Miss Out!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment